Originally known as CustomRevolutions, Inc. with a web site URL of customdisc.com. The original site was a textbook example of interface errors and corporate miscommunication.
My first task was benchmarking the competition and detailing the design directions that were to be changed.
• too many layers of text prompts before arriving at site
• huge intro animation further delays user arrival at site
• search box appears below the fold
• search box not sized for both browsers
• black left frame overpowers everything else
• three different graphic typefaces used
• logos used are "Custom Revolutions", URL is CustomDisc.com
• repetition of the logo on hundreds of compilation listings
• drop shadow direction incorrect
• too many words, not enough links for web clickiness
• passive voice used extensively
• meaningless banner advertisements to record labels
• double-loading pages in Netscape due to meta tag errors
My response was this version, which took only three weeks of work, including learning the site structure.